PHILOSOPHY AND VALUES
At Ballarat Cancer Care, we are focussed on building a dedicated and exciting group of Oncologists and Haematologists committed to looking after patients with cancer and blood disorders.
Ensure our patients receive:
- Personalised, empathetic and expert care
- The best and most up-to-date information on cancer treatments available
- A range of options to accessing medical help in hours and after hours
- Optimal communication with your GP and
- Supportive and efficient service from our administration team.
Optimise information delivery to our patients by:
- Developing a cancer information website specific for the needs of the Western Victorian community
- Links to other cancer information sites providing broad based information options
- Provision of written information in easy to read plain English language
Enhance our knowledge and practice:
- Contribute to cancer trials
- Participate in regular Medical Student teaching and ward Rounds with the University of Notre Dame
- Liaise with centres participating in clinical research
- Participate in continuing professional development through the Royal Australasian College of Physicians, participating and presenting at conferences (nationally and internationally), documenting papers focussing on our research, treatments and patient outcomes.